Diameter: 30cm (12")
Material: silk and Pure silk
Origin: Weifang of China
Handicraft: All hand made and painted by the tradiitonal Chinese craftsmen in Weifang
It is made of thin silk and Pure silk. The frame of this kite is made of Pure silk, which is covered with some excellent Chinese thin silk cloth painted by Chinese traditional painter. It is very easy and convenient for anyone to fold up or assemble the kite in a minute. It is made by artisan in weifang, China, recognized as "City of Kites". It can be assured that centuries of kitemaking skills are built into each of these beautiful kites. This attractive kite is used as a kind of decoration, but it is a great flying machines too. Each is an individual work of art to fly or to decorate your home, hotel, and office.
The dragon heads are all individually hand painted - each one is unique with its own 'character'. They all feature:
1. Deer horns, as deer are ridden by the immortals and represent longevity and good luck.
2. Tigers eyes - the tiger is the king of the beasts, mighty and strong.
3. Catfish whiskers, to represent the material wealth. (Catfish are an essential part of the Spring festival meal).
4. A humans beard, as a symbol of intelligence and talent.(The longer the beard the wiser you are).
5. The segmented body (centipede) represents a centipede.
Weifang, a kite city, is an old handicraft town located in the middle part of Shandong peninsula in east China. It is the birthplace of Chinese kite with a history of kite flying and manufacturing for about 500 years. Weifang kite is famous for its delicately selected materials (split bamboo and silk), careful and neat painting, bright colors, exquisite framing and mounting and smooth gliding. "Hang up on the wall it's a painting, fly up in the sky it's a kite." Hand-made and hand-painted, the primary kinds of Weifang kite are bird and animal kite. The masterpiece is dragon kite, as the dragon is the symbol of the Chinese nation.